Frequently Asked Questions
As a metalsmith artist, I fabricate each piece of my collection from start to finish using traditional metalsmithing techniques. All components are made with sterling silver or 14 karat gold-filled* metal which I then cut, solder, form, hammer, and polish. Every clasp, link, and stone, has been handled by me, the artist, with much care. After I give a piece its final polish, I often add natural stones or freshwater pearls to complete the designs. Because each piece is handcrafted, please note that subtle differences may occur, thus adding to each piece's character and charm.
Both sterling silver and 14 karat gold-filled metals are nickel free, hypoallergenic, and can be worn on a daily basis, even if you have sensitive skin.
*Gold-filled metal means that there is a thick layer of gold fused to the surface of the underlying metal. Gold-filled metal should not be confused with gold plate. The gold on the surface of gold-filled metal is quite thick and chemical bonded. It will not wear off, flake, or turn your skin green. You can wear gold-filled jewelry on a daily basis with fear of discoloration or skin irritation.
- Sterling silver jewelry does tarnish. I would suggest keeping your jewelry in a jewelry box or ziplock bag when not wearing it. This will slow down the oxidation process immensely.
- The more you wear your jewelry, the less it tarnishes! Just be sure your jewelry is the last thing you put on, after your makeup, lotions, hairspray, etc.
- To keep your jewelry shiny longer, make sure to keep it clean. If you wear it while sweating, clean the jewelry with soap and water and allow it to dry before storing the jewelry.
- If your jewelry is tarnished, it can be shined easily. Simply buff it with a polishing cloth to bring the luster back. Or you can use silver dip cleaners. Just be careful not to get it on stones or pearls. You can use a q-tip in tricky spots.
- Do not wear your jewelry in a chemically treated pool or hot tub. The chlorine and other chemicals may discolor or etch your metal.
Gold-filled metal means that there is a thick layer of gold fused to the surface of the underlying metal. Gold-filled metal should not be confused with gold plate. The gold on the surface of gold-filled metal is quite thick and chemical bonded. It will not wear off, flake, or turn your skin green. You can wear gold-filled jewelry on a daily basis with fear of discoloration or skin irritation.
All materials and sizes are listed under each product listing. However, if you would like a piece in a different metal type or combination, prefer a different length, or would like a ring in a different size than is listed, I would be happy to make that for you! Please just email me at email@example.com first because the price could be affected and lead time for me to fill the order may be longer. If you already received the jewelry and it does not fit, I do accept exchanges.
Want to order a Cameron Kruse Designs Ring online, but do not know your size? This is no longer a problem! I am very excited to now be offering ring sizers. This reusable plastic ring sizer can measure half and whole sizes and comes with a handy instruction sheet. You can finally order the perfect fitting ring for your finger, thumb, or knuckle! It also comes with a $5 coupon code you can use on your future ring purchase. So you will not be out any money once you order your ring!
- All jewelry should arrive in perfect working order. If it arrives damaged or defective in any way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of delivery for complimentary repair and shipping.
- I stand behind my workmanship and believe your jewelry should be worn. If it needs to be repaired due to wear and tear with in the first 6 months please contact me for a complimentary repair. You will just have to cover shipping.
- Repairs after 6 months are subject to a small fee and shipping charge.
- Please contact email@example.com before sending your piece of jewelry back for repair.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to me under the contact section of my website. Please include your order number and what is wrong with the item. I will repair or exchange at no cost to you.
I do not take true custom orders but can offer tweaks on my own designs. If you see something that you like, and a small change would make it perfect for you, please reach out by email to see if I can make that happen. The great thing about handcrafted jewelry is that I can make it right for you! Easy customizations include, but are not limited to, different lengths for necklaces and bracelets, half sizes for rings, different metal combinations, different stone colors, etc. Please email me at email@example.com or reach out to me under the contact section of my website to start this process.
Each piece of jewelry is shipped in its own sturdy jewelry box and wrapped with a bow, ready for gifting!
Orders are shipped within 1 week of the time you placed your order by USPS. During the holiday season, there will be posted cut off dates.
Orders under $75 ship first class for a flat rate of $4.00.
All orders $75 and up ship for FREE with first class, USPS shipping. And if you would like to upgrade any order to priority USPS shipping, it is $8.
Priority shipping includes $50 of insurance. If you would like a different shipping method, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
- Please contact email@example.com for international shipping quotes.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to add additional shipping insurance to your purchase.
If you made your purchase through Cameron Kruse Designs directly and are unhappy with your jewelry selection, you may exchange it within 14 days of delivery and there is no additional shipping fee. Or it can be exchanged for a Cameron Kruse Designs credit to be used on a future purchase. The jewelry must be unworn and returned in original condition and packaging.
- Rings can be exchanged for a different size for an unlimited amount of time as long as the size tag is attached and the ring is unworn. The correct ring size will be mailed back with no additional shipping fee.
- Please email email@example.com before shipping your item back.
- If you made your purchase through a store that carries Cameron Kruse Designs jewelry, please contact them for their return and exchange policy.
- Custom items are not returnable or exchangeable.
My studio is located in Athens, GA